Boat projects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
ADAGIO
Vessel Make
CHB Present 42 Sundeck
Installed two double USB plugs - one at lower helm and one on flybridge. For phones, and for IPad Pro for navigation [emoji106] IMG_3312.jpgIMG_3313.jpg

Last edited:
Look like USB chargers to me.

I installed a bunch of USB charging ports that are integrated in 120 volt outlets along with several 12volt USB ports. They work great and it is nice to have a charging port wherever you happen to sit on the boat.

I installed a bunch of USB charging ports that are integrated in 120 volt outlets along with several 12volt USB ports. They work great and it is nice to have a charging port wherever you happen to sit on the boat.

And these are all 12v. May change out some the many 120v outlets to include USB outlets also.

Greetings,
IF you've already got a 120V duplex, these are plug and play. No wiring necessary.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1ET-0088-00002

Thanks RT - I’ve seen those, but I’m a bit anal about separate plugs, and not having something that can be unplugged. And wanted a separate one in the salon, oops saloon - think I’ll have a drink[emoji56]

For the 120 volt outlet I used Leviton T5632-E. It has 2 USB chargers and 2 120 volt outlets.

What exactly does that auto pilot knob do?

In reality I suspect it just turns on power to the autopilot.

Installed two double USB plugs - one at lower helm and one on flybridge. For phones, and for IPad Pro for navigation [emoji106]View attachment 89927View attachment 89928

That gives you good output for charging a couple of phones or iPads. Certainly less power draw than a 120v adapter run off an inverter.

I installed a number of 120v outlets with USB ports built in. They are convenient, but don’t provide the amps that yours does. I’ve run an iPad down while being plugged into one of the 120v outlets.

I’ve had the best success with using a good quality 12v plug in adapter. I paid $18 for a 3 port adapter last fall. 1 port is a 18w 3.0 fast charge and then there are two 12w 5v/2.4 amp 2.0 ports. If it burns out, it is easy to pull and replace.

I just did the same in a couple places. The fast charge on both is extremely useful for the iPad and phones. I do wonder if its hard on the battery's in these devices sometimes - if anyone has an answer Id like to hear it. The white usb 120v adapter provided with the phones takes around 2/3 more time to charge the phone and over 3/4 more time to charge up the iPad vs. the fast charge USB I put in. Trying to figure out why the Apple charger would be so inferior.

Replaced all our old style prong 12v outlets with Blue seas high power charging duel USBs. Custom teak cover plates by john Arbuckle Buck Woodcraft Marathon.

Guests and Grandkids will really appreciate those! Don't forget to have some spare cables on hand too.

Back
Top Bottom