Old 05-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #61
Guru

City: Seaford Va on Poquoson River, VA
Vessel Name: Old Glory
Vessel Model: 1970 Egg Harbor 37 extended salon model
A previous owner put in a Rule 2000, and used the skimpy OEM 3/4 inch discharge hose.
I put up with that for about 5 years, then got a new Rule 2000, and changed the hose to 1.25 inch. I used Liquid-tight-non-metallic gray PVC electrical conduit, and that pump's output worked so much better and faster.

I then took apart the older Rule 2000 and found it in very good condition inside, good brush life left. So removed the 1500 rule in the aft bilge, swapped in the Rule 2000 and went with about 8 foot of 1.5 inch in ground pool suction hose for the output instead of the OEM 3/4 rubber hose. And great output flow again. So hose size is important.

I took apart the much older Rule 1500, and found the brushes pitted and worn down, partly due to age and partly due to some water ingress from the rubber plug on its side. it still pumps ok, but I am not using it. I could put in new brushes as the rest of the pump looks ok.

The vinyl pool hose is smooth walled on the inside and flows very well. Was also free, it was our old pool hose and that hose is really tough construction. Consider it is meant to flow large quantity of pumped pool water under suction too. And it flexes easily.
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #62
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
I recently bought 2 new bilge pump. I had one small 750g/h in my cooler model Attwood Sahara. I find a cheap one, brand amarine-made (26$ very cheap) for the price I did it a try just to check at the constrution and believe me I was not expecting much at all. What was my surprise, the pump is the same, same construction, same thing exactly at the difference of the paint brand on the top.

Then I bought a 3700g/h from Seaflo, there again I was not expecting something high end, the pump was 80$. For thi one I was very nicely surprise to see the sturdy construction, very strongly made, no cheap material.

Anybody ever used these 2 brand? anybody has any input about them?
I have bought 1 float switch from seaflo and 1 bilge blower and I am very happy with them at a very reasonable price tag.

L.
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote