Best Flashlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acheron2010

Vessel Name
Saoirse
Vessel Make
1983 Nauticat 44 Ketch
I've always been on the hunt for the best knife, best wristwatch, and best flashlight.
I like the hands-free convenience of a nice headlamp, but sometimes you need a handheld for spotting that buoy or checking that bilge real quick.
I highly recommend this one.

It's rechargeable, and the charge lasts weeks of intermittent use. VERY bright light (2400 lumens) and you can set it down lengthwise or upright for your needs. It does not float, but very sturdy to be dropped a few times. FYI.

Attachments

• 61UDhrzFcsL._SL1000_.jpg
    61UDhrzFcsL._SL1000_.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 132
I have found the little three triple aaa battery led flashlights about 3 1/2 inches long with a laylard attached sold at various hardware, auto supply stores effective. They sell for around or under 5 bucks. I have several onboard, couple hanging in the engine compartment, one or two on the console, one in the bunk area, and one in the head. I carry one on my person along with my small leatherman pocket knife. ( one would think me a 'Belt and Suspender" man:rofl:

Al-Ketchikan
(And my cc weapon when in the States:socool:)

Cree Q5 machined alloy and zoomable
Takes a single aa i use eneloop rechargables.
Cheap enough to have many all around the boat

Get them for as little as $2:50 each at times on ebay

Last edited:
"I have found the little three triple aaa battery led flashlights about 3 1/2 inches long with a laylard attached sold at various hardware, auto supply stores effective."

Like pencils these are best bought by the box full, and left everywhere.

"I have found the little three triple aaa battery led flashlights about 3 1/2 inches long with a laylard attached sold at various hardware, auto supply stores effective."

Like pencils these are best bought by the box full, and left everywhere.

And lighters and Chap-Stik :thumb:

I've always been on the hunt for the best knife, best wristwatch, and best flashlight.
I like the hands-free convenience of a nice headlamp, but sometimes you need a handheld for spotting that buoy or checking that bilge real quick.
I highly recommend this one.

It's rechargeable, and the charge lasts weeks of intermittent use. VERY bright light (2400 lumens) and you can set it down lengthwise or upright for your needs. It does not float, but very sturdy to be dropped a few times. FYI.

And at $40, it isn't the budget-buster I thought it would be!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom