Best cleaner for Oil/Diesel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phil Fill wrote:

Am I the only one that has a carpeted engine room?
I did, but after considering the fire hazard, and fuel load, I pulled it out.* The less fuel (flamable materials other than diesel) available, the less chance for fire.* No solvents, paint, rags, cardboard or other fuel sources are stored there now.

As for dining in the engine room, I have gone one better.* On charters, I've slept there. Warm, dry, plenty of room and private................Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:
Phil Fill wrote:

Am I the only one that has a carpeted engine room?
I did, but after considering the fire hazard, and fuel load, I pulled it out.* The less fuel (flamable materials other than diesel) available, the less chance for fire.* No solvents, paint, rags, cardboard or other fuel sources are stored there now.

As for dining in the engine room, I have gone one better.* On charters, I've slept there. Warm, dry, plenty of room and private................Arctic TravellerJeffI guess we'll have to re-think how we describe our boats.

My boat drinks ten, feeds eight, sleeps 5, above deck. Engine room drinks four, feeds four, sleeps two.*
no.gif

-- Edited by Carey on Tuesday 25th of January 2011 07:45:39 PM

Carey wrote:Engine room drinks four, feeds four, sleeps two.
I love it!

I'm going to the boat to work on the problem but I won't be eating lunch in the engine room!

I'm waiting on a quote to do the cabin floor in nu-teak. That will solve the problem of stains on the carpet!

Sailor of Fortune wrote:

Any product used as dispersant is illegal. Peggy nailed it- you have to have the oil removed or separated from the bilge water to be in compliance.
On Sunday afternoon when*I return from a boat ride.

*I usually wash down the boat.

So do many others.*The Harbor almost foams.

There is no oil sheen in the harbor.

Am I guilty?

SD

Back
Top Bottom