Anyone used Oceanos Marine in Vancouver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieG

Vessel Name
Axiom
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
Looking at getting some work done. Cut and polish, new antifouling, dripless shaft seal replacement, gelcoat ding fixes and an engine check over at Oceanos Marine in Vancouver, BC, canada.

Anyone have any experience with them, or got any recommendations?

Cheers
Bernie

Never heard of Oceanus until now.

I use Stone's in Nanaimo. They let me sleep aboard.

There is a bunch of good ones at Shelter Island, I believe although any names escape me now. They are closer to Pt. Roberts? Wolfe Marine is at Shelter, they have a great chandlery for parts etc.

Thxs.

Not sure if they are new. They are a Cummins approved service centre, so that was one attraction. Also, responded to my emails quickly, but it would be good to get a personal recommendation.

Cheers
Bernie

I have never heard of them either but I left the area about 10 yrs ago. They clearly showed up afterwards.
Ask around the Vancouver marinas and Y.C. for opinions. BYC, RVYC, Mosquito Creek, VRC., etc. All three are the closest and patrons and members are most likely to have used them. It may take a few forays but it should be worth it.

I just had a big bottom job, to me, done at Fraser Fiberlgass. They do all the work asked about except the engine. However, I'd be dumbfounded if they don't have good mechanics at their disposal. Fraser has a very good reputation for hull repairs and such which is why I went there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom