Any Synthetic Oil Users Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They don't allow the parts to wear in (break in). That's what most have found. Fossil oils do so I'd pick one and use it for the break in period.

Art, Capthead,
It was standard procedure for ultralight aircraft to break-in on Dino and then switch to synthetic. It was said that w syn break-in wouldn't happen as not enough wear would take place using syn for break-in. Could have been a wife's tale but I always did it. I used a motorcycle racing syn oil after break-in that was so viscous it wouldn't flow in oil injection systems that were very popular on motorcycles and other two stroke engines.

May be the same in a car or old trawler engine. I don't know.

By the way I said I saw a Lehman at Harbor Marine (where I'm he added now) for $15K ... But that's w a core or trade-in.

They don't allow the parts to wear in (break in). That's what most have found. Fossil oils do so I'd pick one and use it for the break in period.

I was thinking along those lines. Will follow best recommendations by the expert machinist currently rebuilding my 430 cid high performance engine's block. He's been at it for decades!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom