Anti-Fouling solutions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And now for something entirely different. :D

I dont know how long it sat in the water but the area around the lights was touched up with rustoleum topside paint before dunking. http://www.thehulltruth.com/5289211-post51.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

Interesting video, but AKA Propspeed.

I have heard of using wrought iron furniture paint. Provides multi year protection.

Teflon-based anti fouling coatings have been available to the recreational boating market for many years. This is nothing new.

Teflon-based anti fouling coatings have been available to the recreational boating market for many years. This is nothing new.

Is it efficient for displacement hull that goes at 7 knot in average or more intended for planning hulls where the speed will maintain a clean hull?

L.

Is it efficient for displacement hull that goes at 7 knot in average or more intended for planning hulls where the speed will maintain a clean hull?

These products tend to have poor anti fouling properties and in my neck of the woods, lose their "oomph" in much less than a year, regardless of what boat they are on. In Canada, you maybe would be happier with it. Me? I steer my clients away from them.

These products tend to have poor anti fouling properties and in my neck of the woods, lose their "oomph" in much less than a year, regardless of what boat they are on. In Canada, you maybe would be happier with it. Me? I steer my clients away from them.

I was thinking about my antifouling so my question. As I am in fresh water it is less an issue but still needed. My ride is 7 knots, max 8, so speed will not help at all. When I bought the boat it had a fresh coat of ablative and was very effective, no fouling after 6 months in water, but don't know exactly what it was. I was looking at basic interlux ones as I think it will be just enough for my usage.

L.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom