Afterdeck Overhead Beams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
afterdeck overhead beams

Aft deck overhead beam , might be more correct.

afterdeck overhead beams

Aft deck overhead beam , might be more correct.
If I ask them to change title again I could get put in timeout . In the future I will stay away from nautical terminology and just call it "boat work ":D

"I will stay away from nautical terminology"

Dont!

Nautical terms are very specific and help information flow.

The beams look great regardless of the terminology used to where you hung them! Hats off to you and Joy for the work done.They actually look better in person than in the pics. I think a good thread would be for you to show pics of your boat when you bought it then before and after pics of the work you've done. :thumb: great job

Now if we can just get him to hang a porch swing on that new beam :nonono:

That's great. I'm trying to work in the term lee cloth into this, like 'the aft swing was well positioned but in a beam sea required the use of the lee cloth made by the ships taylor'.
:D

Ok you guys are killing me on this one .Although I do like the swing idea . I was trying not to respond because I was hoping this thread would just fade away.There is another thread started about a "roof repair" on a Mainship that would interest some of you :hide:

Maybe I should change the thread name to Back Porch Ceiling Rafter.

Ok you guys are killing me on this one .Although I do like the swing idea . I was trying not to respond because I was hoping this thread would just fade away.There is another thread started about a "roof repair" on a Mainship that would interest some of you :hide:

Marty: We're not interested in being picky or precise with some other guy on another thread. It's much more fun here. However, I need to mention that we avoided being critical when you left off the gargoil end caps. :socool:

Marty: We're not interested in being picky or precise with some other guy on another thread. It's much more fun here. However, I need to mention that we avoided being critical when you left off the gargoil end caps. :socool:
This is the only reason I'm looking at the wood Alaskan 49 .If we get it that will give YOU GUYS 17 more feet of entertainment .It needs a bunch of my house carpentry/ terminolgy skills .You will have a field day .:D:D

"lots of wood boat terms are obsolete in a plastic boat world."

are you saying I have to come up with a new term to describe the "ceiling" that decorates the inside of the FRP hull in the forepeak of my son's sailboat? 1.5" x 1/4" teak slats spaced 1/4" apart.

That Jolly Jumper would make Marty's Tiki Toss even more of a challenge!

wall_hound_gargoyle.jpg

an.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom