ACR Search light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molly

Vessel Name
La Bella Vita
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
I have an ACR search light on my Mainship. It works fine, but no light.
I took a look at the manual and it says to remove the light from the mount to change the bulbs. WOW! Has anyone done this? The procedure is very nicely explained and I am a capable person. Who designed this? REMOVE THE LIGHT FROM THE MOUNT? Is there some sort of short cut? Seems a little extreme for a 200 hour bulb.:banghead:

I have owned several boats with ACR 100 searchlights. I have always changed the bulbs by removing the two screws and taking the front faceplate off. The bulbs come right out without having to fool with the mount.

My manual has an appendix C which describes this procedure for changing the bulbs. Pretty straight forward. Undo the two face plate screws. Use a micro fiber cloth to remove the old bulbs to not mar the reflective surface, and obviously don't drop the screws overboard. Install the new bulbs. Put a little silicone grease on the gasket when done, reinstall the face plate and you are good to go.

I tried the face plate. THEN, I read the instructions. The #1 step says..Do Not Remove The Faceplate to Change the Bulbs.
Its an ACR RCL-75.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom