8KW Onan gennerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PasadenaPhil

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1986 Fu Hwa 42’
So I have an 8KW Onan diesel powered. It has a Racor R24S filter. The entire unit looks dated and today I noticed a little pooling on the top at the threaded plug/check ball? I went to tighten it and the plug cracked, very old and work hardened. So I think I will replace the entire unit along with the very corroded Facet fuel pump. The generator runs like a champ and this little bit of maintenance will keep it that way. Now the question.. where to find an assembly that fits the filter? Can I use an R215T assembly. It looks like your standard 1 in and 2 out assembly.

Thanks for the info. I used it to purchase the part. Awesome. I realize the simply replacing the plug is probably going to resolve the problem but the whole assembly looks old and peace of mind to me is worth replacing the entire unit.

small off topic question but I am about to do the oil change on my Onan Generator and the manual doesn't say to put any oil into the new filter before installing it. Do you add oil to it before you install the new oil filter or just put some on the gasket and screw it on?

If open end of filter is up so it won't spill, then put some oil in it. Does not really matter at all, it will fill super quick on start. But if you can fill it, it will build pressure a little quicker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom