Old 09-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

Soft water tanks quality test

Last week I bought a pen digital water meter for measuring soft water tanks quality purity.
It's not a full laboratory measuring test, but it already gives accurate global information, what is convenient.
Running water at home from city water station : 410 Xppm.
Running water on board from my tanks : 355 Xppm. Not bad at all.

I usually pour almost 1 glass of ORGANIC KILBATE that allow to reduce significantly the proliferation of bacteria in each full soft water tanks, and prevent microbial fermentation. It doesn't damage the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes unlike other disinfectants as chlorine etc...

Using a food quality water pipe to fill the tanks, taste of water is ok as well.
User915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #2

Externally, the device is similar to an electronic thermometer. But except for the temperature, it is able to measure the water content of heavy metals, organic materials and water salinity estimate its overall purity.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0001.PNG   IMG_0002.jpg   IMG_0003.jpg   IMG_0004.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 07:46 AM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
I run all water used by mouth through a Big Berkey. I plumbed water to the bridge to fill it then plumbed back from the filter to the k sink to a bar hook neck faucet. Even with that I need one of those pens to check it.
I regret not making my own using Berkey filter elements with 7.5 gallon food grade buckets as shown on Pinterest. I moved to this because I found myself going through $20 a week on pitcher filters. The already built Big Berkey cost $250 but I found it a bit small hence the food bucket regret we fill 3 times a day. The charcoal Berkey filters filter 99.9% pure and also remove arsenic, fluoride, chlorine among other things including all bacteria and cysts. Good for 10,000 gallons. $50. Each, need 3 or 4.

I thought the hydraulic pressure from the 5' drop would feed the faucet....wrong, had to put a pump under the sink. Used 1/2" pex pipe. Other than the 3 gallon capacity, we have been very happy with our clean, sweet good tasting water.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 AM   #4

Your system looks great.

This pen is able to not only measure organic materials and water salinity but also the water content of heavy metals (which was my mean concern) to estimate its overall purity.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #5

I meant, this TDS (Total Disolved Solids) pen include the level of heavy metal ions as well in water.

It indicates how many milligrams of dissolved solids in one liter of water. Unit of measure is mg / liter or ppm.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Here are directions and specs for making the one DIY I wish I had due to additional capacity. There is quite a bit of discussion between people more experienced and smarter than me.. Not as pretty as my stainless factory unit though.

DIY Berkey Water Purifier
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Here are directions and specs for making the one DIY I wish I had due to additional capacity. There is quite a bit of discussion between people more experienced and smarter than me.. Not as pretty as my stainless factory unit though.

DIY Berkey Water Purifier
I looked at the website and watched the video, this is a great and easy process, thanks for the tip, I'm interested with it.