Yep, a Vacuflush puzzle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Brockerts

Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
1990 Californian/Carver 48 MY
One of my vacuflushs toilet is plugged up. The puzzle is I have 2 toilets connected to 1 pump/Tank and there is a Y joint connecting them to the pump. One line from Head 1 works just fine but Head 2 is plugged. Given this you have to figure that the plug is between the Y joint and the Toilet otherwse neither would work. Getting ready to disconnect at the Y union I notice what appears to be some standard UNION joints. However they don't look like ones I seen before.

Check out the configuration and pictures below. Before I start disconnecting things I thought I should ask.

Queston : In this kind of vacuflush configuration is there a special UNION joint/part that must be used?

Think there is a duck value in that UNION?

Attachments

• vacuflushY.jpg
    vacuflushY.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 25
Oh my! Looks like Rube Goldberg was involved. I would start by simply loosening the hose clamp.

Ted

Thanks Rochepoint.
When I bought this boat a year ago, I started replacing everything I knew about in this vacuflush system. I missed these. Looks like this boat has 10 duck values so I'll need to buy them by the dozen.

The Brockerts

I agree with Ted that Rube Goldberg strongly influenced your installation 'cuz it should be a LOT simpler with only one of the inline check valves--which, if you click on the link that Mike provided in post #4, you'll see that it does have a duckbill valve in it. I strongly suggest that you call main US Dometic/SeaLand offices in Ohio (800-321-9886) to get the name and contact info of the nearest authorized VacuFlush service center...then either call or email them for advice and any replacement parts. They should be able to get you sorted out by phone and email.

Meanwhile, I can send you a schematic of what the system should look like if you'd like to send me a PM that includes your email address (no way to attach anything to a PM).

--Peggie

Back
Top Bottom