Webasto HL 90 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
The Webasto HL 90 stopped firing. I think it may be the fuel pump, as I no longer hear the tick, tick, tick.
Any suggestions for a replacement? Prices seam all over from 100.00 to 425.00.

Any other thoughts of what it could be?

Attachments

• F52D3083-E56F-49D5-8F0E-01D63BBE01E6.jpg
    F52D3083-E56F-49D5-8F0E-01D63BBE01E6.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 014C46FE-A3B6-412D-8E45-EE3AAAAA5650.jpg
    014C46FE-A3B6-412D-8E45-EE3AAAAA5650.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 17
Contact Sure Marine in Seattle. Very knowledgeable on the Webasto systems.

The pump isn't an ordinary fuel pump. It's a metering pump that controls the heat output besides supplying fuel.

There are Chinese copies on ebay for about $35. And there are Wabasto pumps, too.

Check the voltage going to the pump. The problem may be electrical and not the pump. In the pumping phase it should be pulsing the 12 VDC. There may be a warm up period before the pulsing starts when it is warming up the glow plug.

Read the Wabasto directions about reading the code from the red lights on the unit. It should tell you what’s causing the problem.

I can’t remember the details since I haven’t had any problems since I switched to kerosene fuel with it’s own dedicated fuel system. I keep starting it about every week or two. The Wabasto needs to be cycled. If you keep trying to start is w/o trying to fix it other problems could appear. The code is on the back of the cover of the white control unit. If you can’t see the red lights blinking call Sure Marine.

Lepke’s right it’s a “dosing” pump.

Have you removed the panel in your lower picture?

Last edited:
After getting back down to the boat, re-reading the manual... I reset the pin on the temperature limiter. And it fired right off. I had the cabin heat set at 90 as I was drying it out, must have been too hot for to long.
Ours is an older HL-90 it does not have the red light tattle tail.
Thank you for the help and ideas.

Ron,
I know your’s is not like ours.
“cabin heat set at 90” .........

Back
Top Bottom