Webasto AC and Citimarine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam

Hello all,

I’m currently looking to replace my old non-functioning A/C units. I wanted to ask if anyone here had any thoughts on or have used the Webasco units? I have found the best price at Citimarine, but have no experience ordering from them. I would appreciate any input or suggestions anyone may have. Thanks for your time.

Sam

I bought an FCF platinum from them last year. No issues with the purchase and the unit has been great.

Purchased and installed a new unit from them late last year. Had a minor issue with the controller and they referred me to a Webasto tech for questions and then also sent me a new controller replacement no problems.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. That definitely helps ease my mind on ordering from them.

Do a search. There are two different Webasto styles, Classic and Platinum. Both have been discussed in other posts.

Last edited:
There's a third self-contained style now, the Bluecool S series. It's the most expensive of the 3, but has a touchscreen control and I think a few other upgrades. It's definitely mechanically different than the FCF Platinum, as the Bluecool units are a few pounds lighter in a given size.

Thanks again for everyone’s input. I’ll research the three before making a decision. The newer A/C units have start up and running amperage ratings lower than my current units. Any of the three will be an improvement, I’ll just have to see what’s worth spending the extra money for. My boat has two 30amp connections, and the one that is dedicated for the A/C’s has some burn marks from the previous owners. I plan to replace the connections and was hoping the newer style units with less amps wouldn’t be so hard on the cord and sockets.

"I plan to replace the connections and was hoping the newer style units with less amps wouldn’t be so hard on the cord and sockets."

Sometimes burn marks and melted plugs come from electric heaters in the cold season.

Back
Top Bottom