Water maker recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freespool

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
Offshore 62
Hello all,

I am looking to replace a Village Marine Little Squirt (2003) with a new unit. I believe it is 110 and produces roughly 600 gallons per day which is more than enough.

A little background;

Boat - 2003 62' Offshore. Purchased in Florida two years ago now in Dana Point, California

Unit was shut down by previous owner (not pickled) 12 years ago. I am tired of having issues with it. The unit quit working in the Bahamas and most recently in Puerto Vallarta. It's too important a piece of equipment to keep putting band aids on it. I am tired of throwing good money after bad.

I plan on pulling out the current self contained unit and replacing with a new self contained unit.

Price is important, but reliability is more important. I will do the installation myself. It needs to fit where the current unit is. The dimensions are:

Length - 32"
Height - 19"
Width - 16"

I appreciate any recommendations you may have on a unit and where to purchase it from.

Hello all,

I am looking to replace a Village Marine Little Squirt (2003) with a new unit. I believe it is 110 and produces roughly 600 gallons per day which is more than enough.

A little background;

Boat - 2003 62' Offshore. Purchased in Florida two years ago now in Dana Point, California

Unit was shut down by previous owner (not pickled) 12 years ago. I am tired of having issues with it. The unit quit working in the Bahamas and most recently in Puerto Vallarta. It's too important a piece of equipment to keep putting band aids on it. I am tired of throwing good money after bad.

I plan on pulling out the current self contained unit and replacing with a new self contained unit.

Price is important, but reliability is more important. I will do the installation myself. It needs to fit where the current unit is. The dimensions are:

Length - 32"
Height - 19"
Width - 16"

I appreciate any recommendations you may have on a unit and where to purchase it from.

We are completing installation of a US Watermaker Clearwater unit:

https://www.uswatermaker.com/documents/Clearwater-Series-Brochure.pdf

It's 120V, 500GPD, and a solid unit. More importantly, US Watermakers support is excellent- they have answered every question I've had with zero drama and always a great attitude.

John is the owner of the company, and his son Max is the technical engineer and 2nd generation. The units are manufactured in the Dalles, OR.

Concur with ASD, Great customer service and no proprietary parts.

Just Installed Cruise RO SM30

I just completed my install of a Cruise RO SM30 (SeaMaker 30 gal/hour) unit while visiting Key West. Did it while in Garrison Bight Mooring Field.
I have not completed commissioning yet since I'm not willing to make water in an anchorage with this many boats around.
Installation went smoothly except for my lack of finding a 1 1/4" branch tailpiece at the HD in KW.(for tieing reject brine into a lavatory drain)

You would need a bit more room than you specify for the membranes as they are the Dow Filmtec SW30-2540's and are about 44" long.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

It seems everyone makes watermakers these days, so lots of good options.

My only suggestion would be to go larger rather than smaller in the size. A 600 GPD until will do that running 24x7, and I think most people want to run much less that that. I like making water while under way since that’s when the cleanest water is available, and like to be able to make my water in maybe 4hrs or less. And that should cover 2-4 days worth of consumption. If it only produces a days worth, then if you have been unable to make water for a few days it takes commensurately longer to tank back up.

The other thing I’d suggest it to take your daily consumption, and double it. Once you have a taste for plentiful fresh water, consumption will go up, and it’s a wonderful thing. Embrace it and enjoy it.

There, I have successfully spent your money. That was fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom