Waste Tank Vent Hose Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A full black tank would also mean less head space , less air in the tank to help the contents not stink.

The Euro charter boats that go stern too solve the stink by using a small air compressor to bubble air into he tank, like a hobby fish tank.

At $10,000a day their guests dont want to smell the boat alongside.

I went down to the boat today and replaced the hose with a better quality one. I made sure there are no sags in the hose and it's run nice and tight. I checked for leaks and found nothing nor anything in the bilge below the wast tank. Crossing my fingers the new hose solves the issue. It isn't possible to run a bigger hose, there isn't enough space.

The Euro charter boats that go stern too solve the stink by using a small air compressor to bubble air into he tank, like a hobby fish tank.

They still have a problem with sludge buildup

If the vent through-hull fitting has a screen, it can get partially plugged over time. I use the dock hose to back-flush the vent, which clears the screen and also rinses the vent hose to the tank.

Greetings,
Mr. fl. I await the results with baited breath and held nose (hopefully NOT needed).

giphy.webp

Only new hose smell is good news! Hopefully that did the trick.

How about just changing your diet? More Keto or less gluten or something? Snacking on rose petals?

toni

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom