Video cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just a simple nema housing about 2.5-3.5 inches, about 8 dollars. I cut two holes in the bottom, I mount them vertically. One for on/off switch and the other to recharge the lithium battery. I'll send a photo when I get back to the boat.

We have 4 cameras, (expandable to 8). The entire system is 12v, kit has 110v plug ins for cameras and monitor. Instead of cutting off the leads from the adapters, we purchased new coaxial plugs with pigtails, which we spliced into the existing feed wires. Old system used hardwired feed to monitor, so we just omitted the data wire. That allowed us to reuse the existing wiring runs already installed in the boat. ;The system was inexpensive, and pretty easy to install. The system also allows remote access, as long as you have a wifi signal to the boat.

I have no idea what the tech support might be like though, as we haven't had to use them. Time will tell. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Wireless-Security-Hiseeu-Surveillance/dp/B07719HQQS?th=1

The system I have is also a Hiseeu. The same basic model, although I'm not sure if the same model number of version.

Mine worked amazingly well, until I upgraded it to a newer model Hiseeu wireless NVR, just to upgrade it. I gave the old one to a friend.

Since then it works well much of the time. Probably even well over most of the time. But, it has its days. I'm not sure if the hardware was "engineered" down or the software grew incomplexity faster than the hardware, or what. But, it just doesn't have enough CPU in reserve for those times when things are imperfect and the workload goes up. The NVR gets overwhelmed and there are command and control delays followed by disconnects and reconnects.

Software upgrades made it tolerable again (it was originally unusable). But, not as good as the older model, which was relatively robust.

Wish I had the old version back.

Back
Top Bottom