Vacu Flush seat replacment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
The hinges on the toilet seat of my vacuflush head have failed. Nothing wrong with the seat or lid other than the hinges.

I found a place I can buy an entire new seat, lid and hinges for $60 but seems silly since just the hinges are bad.

Anybody have a source for new hinges? Or maybe a home depot type seat that will fit?

Thanks,
Doug

Take yours to a big box store to get the right size. When we replaced ours, I found a couple that would fit. You'll get some funny looks at the store but you won't be paying proprietary pricing for a standard seat. :)

You can find seats in most box stores that are soft closing.

In a seaway if ithe seat was up , an errant wave may bounce it to closed.

Nice when it closes softly with no noise.

Have been through the same exercise, I had nil luck in sourcing hinges, bought a couple cheapie seats to try, no joy. A standard closet seat just doesn't fit the opening of the vacuflush, close, but it looks cobbled, and the geometry of the hinge is off. If you can put up with that, a generic seat at the home center might work. I just bit the bullet. They used to make solid plastic seats for the vacuflush, but haven't found or seen any in years. The wood composition seats are costly enough, can't imagine what a solid plastic would sell for....

The hinges on the toilet seat of my vacuflush head have failed. ...............I found a place I can buy an entire new seat, lid and hinges for $60
/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience about a year ago & could not find replacement hinges so I opted for the replacement seat! ($67):blush:

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 51
I had the same problem. These folks in Seattle set me up with exact hinge replacements of a different brand.
Marine Sanitation - Marine toilet experts

I just ordered the hinges you linked, they look perfect. Thanks so much for your help.

I wasn't looking forward to trashing the perfectly fine seat and lid just because they wouldn't sell me replacement hinges. I hate doing stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom