Troubleshoot and replacement of older Cruisair AC unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
When we bought this old Trawler the Cruisair 16k btu unit did not cool. After messing with it for a bit and eventually pulling it out I found the Compressor was locked up. We opted to replace instead of fixing a 20 year old unit. We went with the Marinaire 16k Btu unit. It had several features I liked such as built in liquid filled gauges and a remote. Also AC as well as heat and can be run as humidistat. Here is some details and unboxing as well as 1 year review. Install was very easy.

https://youtu.be/VttzI6UosnI

FYI- If anyone needs the old Crusiair controller and display for troubleshooting or has one they suspect may be bad let me know and I will check part numbers and send them out for the cost of shipping.

FYI- If anyone needs the old Crusiair controller and display for troubleshooting or has one they suspect may be bad let me know and I will check part numbers and send them out for the cost of shipping.

I'm told that mine is going out. It is the ARRRRRR system. I already replaced one control box an display on one of my three systems. My aft system now won't fully shut down from the display, I have to hit the breaker to get the compressor to stop. It does get cold/hot.

I'm told that mine is going out. It is the ARRRRRR system. I already replaced one control box an display on one of my three systems. My aft system now won't fully shut down from the display, I have to hit the breaker to get the compressor to stop. It does get cold/hot.

Interesting. It could simply be a button, or a cold/cracked solder joint on the board. You might be able to take it out and inspect closely or reflow the solder joints around that particular button. That issue sounds very solvable.

Back
Top Bottom