Shower Pipe Access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everything in Moderation

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dauntless 2.0
Hello. I have a 1988 42’ Kadey-Krogen and would like to replace the shower drain hoses but I am struggling to understand how I would access these without pulling out the shower. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Is it accessible the bilge area?

Ted

A lot of builders didn’t give a thought to eventual maintenance. Some things are just not accessible. Can you put in an access hatch close by?

We changed ours last year. I removed the screws that held the shower drain to the floor and disconnected the hose at the opposite end. After attaching a rope to the far end of the hose, I pulled the hose out through the shower opening and was left with a way to pull the new hose back through. This may not work for you if the hose changes directions on the way down. Maybe send a endoscope down the hole to see what you are dealing with. Our hose was only about 3' long and made one gentle bend, so was not to bad.

We changed ours last year. I removed the screws that held the shower drain to the floor and disconnected the hose at the opposite end. After attaching a rope to the far end of the hose, I pulled the hose out through the shower opening and was left with a way to pull the new hose back through. This may not work for you if the hose changes directions on the way down. Maybe send a endoscope down the hole to see what you are dealing with. Our hose was only about 3' long and made one gentle bend, so was not to bad.

That is a great idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom