Shower head on wall or hand held

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What type of shower head does your boat have?

• Hand held shower head

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Wall or ceiling mounted shower head

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Both hand held and wall / ceiling mounted

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • We shower in the cockpit aspiring to be sailors

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nickair, I was a sailor for 7 years. On one sub, there was no such thing as a “Navy shower.“ The only time the water maker was shut down was in very intense situations.
You and others can ‘play’ Navy and take Navy showers if you wish, not me, not my guests.

Dan, it would be sure nice to high capacity water maker. Marina water hookup is next best, like you said.

Regarding sailors, I was actually referencing sailboat “sailors” that have limited tankage for fresh water on passages. I should have made that clear.

Makes me consider your quick recovery 11 gallon WH and a water maker to keep the tanks topped off. That would be nice. I like the idea.

Last edited:
Dan, it would be sure nice to high capacity water maker. Marina water hookup is next best, like you said.

Regarding sailors, I was actually referencing sailboat “sailors” that have limited tankage for fresh water on passages. I should have made that clear.

Makes me consider your quick recovery 11 gallon WH and a water maker to keep the tanks topped off. That would be nice. I like the idea.

On my N46 I had a small 150gpd 12vt water maker. My intent was to run it 24 hrs a day. Never had to use it. The N used FW as ballast.....

My point is, you don’t need a high capacity water maker, just need to run a smaller one longer. I like the 12vt water maker because it can be run while underway.... w/o a generator. Just my preference.
All small volume HW systems are quick recovery. If your HW heat exchanger is connected to the main engine, all the HW you want while underway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom