A sh!ty Situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Friar-just remember that while you are cruising in the sunshine with the Admiral happily ensconced on her new throne, the Raritan guy is still going to be fixing sh!tty toilets!

Good Friar-just remember that while you are cruising in the sunshine with the Admiral happily ensconced on her new throne, the Raritan guy is still going to be fixing sh!tty toilets!

Ha! Wisdom. Thanks, I needed that

You still would have had the labor cost if you bought a new one so that wasn't so bad. Mac McCoy probably did the work on it over at Raritan. He will have done it right.

You still would have had the labor cost if you bought a new one so that wasn't so bad. Mac McCoy probably did the work on it over at Raritan. He will have done it right.

I hope he did. It was the elctro pack, that is $400 bucks. We thought the second stage motor was bad cause it was not coming on but, it wasn't, thank goodness. They also replaced all the seals.

One thing to note, and I have seen a lot of different opinions on this: since we are on the ICW, we were told we had to add salt to the toilet at every flush. This simply not true, at least where I am at Dania Beach. We are in Brackish water near a creek and the Lectra Sans is happy happy now.

Another really cool thing I learned about these Raritan toilets: if the piston is squeaking, don't waste time adding lube to the pump shaft. Instead, pour some vegetable oil in the toilet during a flush. Seems the rubber on the inside where the piston is dries out from the salt water. The vegetable oil lubes it up and cuts the squeaking. Go figure.

Anyways, glad this is behind me - pun intended! ?

Friar George, the salad dressing is just a temporary fix. Sounds like you have a Raritan PH toilet. When you get a chance, remove the pump and grease the inside of the cylinder with a silicone or Teflon grease that is safe for use on rubber. It's a good toilet and should give you good service.

The F word is so versatile. Can be use as verb adverb noun. The list goes on and on.

This guru has a funny way of explaining it on YouTube.

Frg, you…have joined the club. Whenever I am working down on the boat, a passerby would hear quite frequently, (in a pained and frustrated voice)..."f***ing d**n…why does everything have to BE SO HARD..?"

I have just had to take down, and gut and clean, not a nice fish, but my air breeze wind genny, and get it back up on that pole there you can see in the port stern corner. What a job. One thing about having to gut pieces of equipment - you lose your fear of them - they are no longer mysterious and scary - still, I'd rather have not had to do it. At least it was not expensive parts required, merely carbon dust had coated the terminals, so it kept seeing that as no load, and braking itself.

Next job is a frozen holding tank macerator pump…joy of joys…I'll think of you...

Back
Top Bottom