Replacing Electric Stove With Propane Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The galley on the Hatteras uses a really nice Whirlpool glass top that is very adjustable and also includes a feature that combines two burners into one for large pans, such as when making the gravy on Thanksgiving! And they heat up very quickly I think these features had a lot to do with here not missing gas cooking at all. Gratuitous picture:

6PAOEflvfLL2NEBrlX-NAXDmTEPtFHxC6J7BftsimQbFxETEBUrhnn5Ddv70jhN9KmlrblvIxS5Z94pUr2nWGq-leYFtWMD8Q2mPhbYknM5ti3Sx2_JPHoM4zhA-8CboEKJc9xyPN2WdhLAUTbAauXZgvOhGhsKbRoacGvp9oi2HFF-nbc1-eoLG_FhEn-9CMEbdIxaEBOS5wGZGK0oPYLs5rBRiZaDaCaPLl0RMB63vfFKZnNpPHt30ODde1dLnWRWKLnLf4uUkxHkxkJr0C1RPShjtpbk9llRH4QqUy98BNVPQ95d0nGMScGzxzODyCO4vqwF1FLkSM1HSDJOoSaVN8yMmMGfjHAwHySm91uFvEgi8WDqtC7iiWVCX3LnXIiI8dlHoDDYqLq533XAWTR25cUBGZEbfBHgw4vSfZ-wV1x3iCwKuEGvX38VRM9D_JlcqfOw8nRGbZhCYBN5pe8Dw5idsSxdO13R8gTrhWQuVcvsg2gCWk1nBDRSd2KCvigTwcolH4PjdkmFVooqmSyOScSCYyVuZ744zbRxdIAs=w946-h635-no

NICE,

The stove is properly mounted athwartships , so a hot pot goes off either side on a quick roll, not on the cook!!

But then it is a Hatteras.

So does anyone make a 2-burner, glass top electric stove oven combo? I did a search and could find one.

Cleaning a glass top is so easy!

So does anyone make a 2-burner, glass top electric stove oven combo? I did a search and could find one.

I would miss the cutting board that folds down on the burners but the easy cleanup may make up for it.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

A glass top range would do well to have a set of fiddle rails or pot holders to keep pots and pans in place away from the dock..

Don't know. Our cooktop is a Princess glass top unit and our oven is a Sharp combo microwave/convection unit. Both cooktop and oven work very well. The unit separation allowed the microwave/oven to be mounted wherever (above the cooktop, in our case).

An induction cooktop could be an improvement, assuming compatible pots and pans (easily fixed).

An infrared addition to the microwave/convection unit could be an improvement, but don't know if such things exist.

-Chris

mmm so it would appear I would have to get a glass top and a spate oven.....

Thanks everybody for the great replies. IF I get a boat with an electric range I will live with it for a while. I do like the glass-top ranges that you all are talking about. Easy to use and clean.

For the record, I have never had a problem getting LPG refills, even in Mexico. With twin bottles you never run out.

Thanks again and Cheers, Bill

I believe FORCE 10 makes 120 volt cooktop oven combo's. However I think the cooktops are ceramic or coiled burners, not induction.

Am satisfied with a gas stove. The propane tank is contained within the pretend stack.

Here with "stack" and tank removed:

Well, it looks like an electric stove is in my future, as my offer was accepted on a Californian 42 LRC with an :thumb:electric galley. I'm excited about the new to me boat, not so much about switching to propane, as the boat is down in Mexico. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. Thanks so much for the great comments and suggestions. :thumb:

Cheers, Bill

Back
Top Bottom