Refurbishing Force 10 range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boydster

Vessel Name
Change of Heart
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42
The numbers and lettering had all but disappeared off our Force 10 range. Being a pre 2000 model, the manufacturer couldn't supply a direct replacement so I decided to re-graphic our existing one and have some fun in the process. I cleaned the panel and sprayed out a new topcoat and lasered the new graphics into the surface instead of simply screen-printing them on as originally supplied. I also chose to "adjust" the graphics to more closely represent the temperature output ;-)

Attachments

• Force 10A.jpg
    Force 10A.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Force 10B.jpg
    Force 10B.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 89
Let's try that again...

Attachments

• Force 10A.jpg
    Force 10A.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Force 10B.jpg
    Force 10B.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 99
Nice work and love the humor. Where did you have it laser etched?

Thanks, did it myself. I have a small graphics business that caters to the film and television industry in Vancouver...it was a slow day today ;-)

Beautifully done!

We have the same - a 1995 Force 10 range albeit electric, and the numbers are completely gone. Your solution looks much better than my felt pen marks!

Very nicely done. Ours could use a similar treatment. We also are in need of replacement control knobs on ours, which have been proving difficult to find.

Nice Boyd, but you are still too kind to it.

Just don't ever try and use your oven for anything except to warm plates. I was so annoyed at the process of trying to cook some biscuits I looked at replacing the whole useless lump with a new one and I discovered to my horror and amazement, they are still using the same tiny burner as they did 30 years ago. Talk about listening to your customers.

If you do rip the thing apart to clean it and hopefully to discover why it is such a pos, you will be amazed to see the oven burner is exactly the same one they use on the top for simmering, about the size of a Reese' chocolate and good for 2400 btu, about half the heat of a tea light.

The Dickinson has about 5 times the power in its oven but its funny-looking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom