Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Guru

Raritan Icer-ette problem

My Raritan ice maker has stopped ejecting ice. It freezes the tray of water but does not eject the ice pellets. The unit makes ice and maintains freezing temperature in the cabinet, and the water inlet solenoid appears OK. The Raritan website lists a few different causes, but I wondered whether anybody else has resolved a similar problem??
Chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
RE: Raritan Icer-ette problem

I*have two*Uline ice makers that went on the fritz. I located a guy who works on RVs and he fixed them both. One was a loose wire and the other required 3 new micro switches that had corroded up. Find the right guy to trouble shoot or do it yourself - before I found the back yard guy every one said buy a new one.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

Yes, I had similar problem. I called Raritan and the tech trouble shot it over the phone and sent me a new module that is behind the panel inside the compartment. You can fix it your self.
marinetrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Guru

Finally got the Icer-Ette working again. Diagnosis was probably defective heater but I replaced the entire ice maker assembly as the cost was only slightly more and included many other "working" parts. Real reason for this post is to let everybody know about the great the Raritan tech. support. Craig provided detailed assistance with diagnostics and then in removing and re-installing the new module without the cost and difficulty of evacuating the refrigerant.
Chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote