Pulsating water pressure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oneuglynerd

Veteran Member
Our boat cleaner guy washed our boat and left the outside sink on twice. Both times it had run the water dry and was on for days before we came back. Since then our water pressure has been pulsating while using shower but not the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Any ideas as we think the pump could be damaged or maybe stuff in the diverter. Any ideas or common experiences would be welcomed to chime in. Thanks

What’s the model of the pump? A quick search could tell you if it’s a “run dry” model.

Even with a run dry model I’d be suspicious if it was left on for days.

Might be air in the system...bleed from furthest outlets from the pump to the nearest.

water pressure has been pulsating while using shower
Is the pressure pump in sync with the pulsating. on/off?
Remove shower head and run water to see if still does it. Sounds like grit in shower head often the ones with water savers.

Many marine installations have an accumulator tank that will even out the load on the pump.

If you have an accumulator tank, turn the pump off annd open the faucets until no more water comes out. Then turn the pump on and close each faucet after it stops spitting air. When the pump shuts off, see if the pulsating has stopped. You may need to do this more than once.

With the system depressurized, check the accumulator tank for proper air pressure on the bladder side. Sometimes the bladders can fail in the accumulator tank which may cause the pump to short cycle.

Ted

Is the pressure pump in sync with the pulsating. on/off?
Remove shower head and run water to see if still does it. Sounds like grit in shower head often the ones with water savers.

If other faucets OK I would start with the shower head.

Thanks for all responses. Unfortunately I started this thread while away from the boat. I will check the brand next weekend while I'm there for opening day boating season in Seattle. I'll check the air pressure and run thr faucet with the longest distance from the pump. We don't have an accumulator tank but it sounds like that might be a good idea. Also removing the shower head is a very good idea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom