Princess electric range/oven replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sd

Our Princess is a 1977ish model. I found a 1977 mechanical schematic on-line years ago and am not certain if it is for our year stove. I also do not know when Princess Stove oven doors changed in design. Oven door does not look just as yours regarding springs. Perhaps our oven door is just like yours?? Do you have 1971 schematic to share?

Thanks, Art

PS: Tried to post schematic but too many bites for TF post. Could send via email. Anyone can PM me your email address and I will send my schematic as attachment.
Mine is a model 33.
I have the electrical wiring diagram schematic, the installation instructions and a pink booklet - manual which also shows the exploded diagram of the construction. I could scan it and post links to the images.

Scanned and shared from web picasa
Princess-stove-model33-exploded-parts-1.jpg

Princess-stove-model33-exploded-parts-2.jpg

Princess-stove-model33-exploded-parts-3.jpg

here is link to online album. You can download the pictures, they may look clearer.
https://picasaweb.google.com/105248...rworkJanuary282016?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Last edited:
When I took apart my Princess stove for repair due to some rusting, I decided to paint the SS top and sides. I used Hammerite mid green color. It is a hammered finish and has stayed on the metal perfectly. It matches my kitchen countertop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ham...4yYKHUDLBXgQ_AUICCgC&biw=1680&bih=938#imgrc=_

I like it now so much better appearance wise. I also replaced the rusted 't' nuts that hold the top with SS 't' nuts from Ace hardware.

Replaced the original ca. 1988 coil-element Princess stove with a new Princess glass cooktop stove/oven combo (110v) about 18 months ago. Although the oven takes a while to warm up, my wife loves the unit. Unfortunately, after some quick internet research, it appears that Seaward has discontinued their Princess electric stove/oven combos. Too bad.

Attachments

• A - Galley Range After.jpg
    A - Galley Range After.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 942
Replaced the original ca. 1988 coil-element Princess stove with a new Princess glass cooktop stove/oven combo (110v) about 18 months ago. Although the oven takes a while to warm up, my wife loves the unit. Unfortunately, after some quick internet research, it appears that Seaward has discontinued their Princess electric stove/oven combos. Too bad.

Man, that looks nice. I'm jealous!

And disappointed that they don't make 'em any more. Not that there's anything wrong with the one I have, but it would be nice to know if the day every came, I could drop in a replacement that looks that good.

Back
Top Bottom