Peggie Hall... Freshwater head recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What ever happened to the stainless steel bowls.
Nothing stained them. CHUCKLE

One of ours is a fresh water flush Elegance. It earned that name! I did not op for the exotic, expensive flush feature. I just cannot justify using a microprocessor or a micro controller to flush a toilet

Even paper towel dispensers use microprocessors now...just wave your hand in front of it. One of Raritan's flush options works the same way Raritan Flushsense.pdf

I'm totally intriqued by the one that'll let you flush from your phone...you could drive a dockmate crazy by pairing your phone with his toilet(s) when he wasn't looking. :dance:
--Peggie

Boatcrazy, The Elegance is a good size toilet and is available in two heights, standard and tall. It is also designed to be mounted against a bulkhead (straight back) or the inside of the hull ( angle back).

If you have trouble fitting the Elegance, the Seaera is also a very good toilet with a smaller footprint. In fact you can probably save a few bucks by getting the Seaera conversion kit and reusing the bowl from your Jabsco or manual toilet. Double check that before you buy the conversion kit. Some bowls won’t work but most will.

The Elegance is a good size toilet and is available in two heights, standard and tall.

That's not intended to be two heights for short and tall people, it's because the sole is flat in some head compartments and the toilet sits on a raised ledge in others. Install that one that puts the edge of the seat at the same 15" from the floor as household toilets.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Even paper towel dispensers use microprocessors now...just wave your hand in front of it. One of Raritan's flush options works the same way Raritan Flushsense.pdf

I'm totally intriqued by the one that'll let you flush from your phone...you could drive a dockmate crazy by pairing your phone with his toilet(s) when he wasn't looking. :dance:
--Peggie

Yes Peggy, a micro processor or controller can be used in many, many applications. I still believe a flush button solution for toilets follows the KISS guidelines.

Your comment on the Elegance available heights is right on the mark. Anybody purchasing one of these fine marine heads should be careful to pay close attention to the different heights. I warned a friend about this before he made his purchase then he purchased and installed the wrong one. It does work but he sits closer to the floor.

The Elegance is a good size toilet and is available in two heights, standard and tall.

That's not intended to be two heights for short and tall people, it's because the sole is flat in some head compartments and the toilet sits on a raised ledge in others. Install that one that puts the edge of the seat at the same 15" from the floor as household toilets.

--Peggie

We like handicap height so I would probably go with the taller head even on a platform.

Even the high one could be a little taller so we mounted our Elegance on a shaped wooden plinth (built by a very cooperative and skilful German carpenter in Gaylesville) which also helped with the mounting over the old holes from the previous toilet. The only downside I found with the Elegance is the mounting system that goes onto the floor. It is really tricky for an amateur to line up the bolts through the bowl with the captive nuts on the mounting brackets.

Regards

Paul

Oh, that's a brilliant idea! My wife would caution you, "Do NOT lead him into temptation...!"
Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom