One more VacuFlush issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drb1025

Guru
Vessel Name
Fiddler
Vessel Make
DeFever 46
I have a vacuflush push button flush model 4806. It works great, holds pressure, no leaks, no problems for nearly 10 years. However, when I add water to the bowl and close the lid, flushing will almost always cause a backsplash of the bowl water. The inside of the lid is wet. If I happen to leave the lid open, the water splashes out onto the walls and floor. It seems like there may be too much pressure. Any ideas as to what causes this and how to remedy it? Again, it only happens when I add water to the bowl. Thanks

So don't add water to the bowl.
Mine does that too. Try slowing down the peddle push.

I agree with Mike66, my two VF toilets only do that if very full and you push the pedal really fast.

How would you suggest he "slow down" pushing a flush button (Re-read his post)?

--Peggie

Yes, it’s an electric, push button flush. I am wondering if there is an adjustment to prevent the splash.

Okay, back to plan A. Don't add water. Or buy more paper towels.
Sorry, don't have much to add unless there is a way to adjust or change the vacuum switch to decrease the pull.
If it is an off the shelf switch, perhaps you can source one with a lower cut off point.

Last edited:
my vacuflush can be a little splashy that way. I have about a 6 foot run of 1 1/2 inch hose to the vacuum generator to the head.

I am wondering if longer lengths of hose adding additional vacuum storage may increase the splashing issue? Just a thought.

Apparently nobody has a solution here. I’m going to contact Marine Sanitation and will post if they have any good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom