New A/C Controllers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Getting ready to replace three aging Cruisair split systems on our boat. The antiquated controllers are about seven inches high and perhaps two inches wide. The replacements will be more like 2.5 inches high and 3.5 wide. For those of you who have done this, what did you use for a bezel to hide the vertical holes that the new controllers won’t cover. Pictures would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 4956E26E-A0B6-404D-95B0-5BA9398428A8.jpeg
    4956E26E-A0B6-404D-95B0-5BA9398428A8.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 146
Marine Air (now Dometic) makes a plate that fits the old 3 knob control spot and has a smaller opening for their newer electronic controllers. My boat has those from when the original A/Cs were replaced. I've replaced one again with a Webasto unit and was able to get the Webasto controller into that bezel as well (not quite a perfect fit, but good enough).

Thanks, and a followup for those with new controllers: which model did you go with and how do you like them?

Marine Air (now Dometic) makes a plate that fits the old 3 knob control spot and has a smaller opening for their newer electronic controllers. My boat has those from when the original A/Cs were replaced. I've replaced one again with a Webasto unit and was able to get the Webasto controller into that bezel as well (not quite a perfect fit, but good enough).

Not finding this on their site, unless you’re referring to the SMXii controller. I thought as long as I was doing this, I’d incorporate WiFi-capable controllers into the A/C systems, which the SMXii doesn’t seem to be.

I have micro air controllers. They are amazing in the RV world they are the only retrofit WiFi and programmable thermostat for dometic rv units. That being said I have one on my Fifth-wheel. They also make a wide range of models for marine units. as far as making a adapter plate I use a lot of teak as our interior is full of it.

Not finding this on their site, unless you’re referring to the SMXii controller. I thought as long as I was doing this, I’d incorporate WiFi-capable controllers into the A/C systems, which the SMXii doesn’t seem to be.

I have micro air controllers. They are amazing in the RV world they are the only retrofit WiFi and programmable thermostat for dometic rv units. That being said I have one on my Fifth-wheel. They also make a wide range of models for marine units. as far as making a adapter plate I use a lot of teak as our interior is full of it.

Thanks, Capt. I’m liking the micro air controllers as well, and might use them with new CTM units. And I found a nice slab of teak that should cover the old openings nicely.

I am getting ready to retrofit a marine airrr unit now with micro air system. I am a dealer for micro air as well and might be able to save you a few bucks. just let me know.

Thanks, Capt. I’m liking the micro air controllers as well, and might use them with new CTM units. And I found a nice slab of teak that should cover the old openings nicely.

You probably can use the old controllers. I like them because they are dirt simple. The one I have now is digital, and you have to punch buttons to change fan speed out of auto. The old style you twist a knob. Much easier when moving in seas.

I have used Starboard to make them for different things that were smaller. It is pretty simple to do.

Angus99! Your PM box is full.
I can not send you a reply

Angus99! Your PM box is full.
I can not send you a reply

Sorry about that. I did make some room this morning. Saw some PMs from you and replied. Will be bE getting more stats for you.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom