King Air air conditioner plugged?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cigatoo

Guru
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic #715
I have a King Air air conditioner / heat pump. It has worked fine for ac and most recently heat. I turned it on to winterize today. No water flow. The through hull and strainer are all clean. Figured that it must be air bound. I pulled the hose off of the “out” side of the pump. The pump is pumping plenty of water however It won’t flow through the hose to the air conditioner. Is there a valve or something inside the unit that might be stuck? If I blow into the hose or even use a shop vac it won’t let any air flow in.
Thoughts greatly appreciated.

I have a King Air air conditioner / heat pump. It has worked fine for ac and most recently heat. I turned it on to winterize today. No water flow. The through hull and strainer are all clean. Figured that it must be air bound. I pulled the hose off of the “out” side of the pump. The pump is pumping plenty of water however It won’t flow through the hose to the air conditioner. Is there a valve or something inside the unit that might be stuck? If I blow into the hose or even use a shop vac it won’t let any air flow in.
Thoughts greatly appreciated.

I don’t believe there is any valve in the tubing inside the A/C. I push antifreeze through mine with a small hand pump that doesn’t have much pressure. You must have a blockage, try removing the hose at the unit and see if the hose is clear, then try the A/c unit and then the discharge hose. Break the problem into smaller chunks and make sure they are clear. Good luck.

Thanks for the ideas. I will pull the hoses as time permits. I have a small bilge pump in a bucket that I used. Wouldn’t budge. I had good water flow a couple of weeks ago. Very strange. Compressor comes on when switched to heat. Won’t come on when switched to ac. No water flow wither way.

The compressor should come on for a bit until it gets too hot and then it should shut down and get a fault. Mine will run about 10 to 15 seconds. Maybe yours does have some type of valve in it. But on mine I have the pump wired to run continuously and it pushes water through both A/Cs even when they are turned off so I know mine don’t have any type of valve in the water path.

Back
Top Bottom