Hot Water Tank Re-Plumb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just noodling: Is the pressure switch sensor internal to the pump on your model? If so that may explain the lack of an accumulator tank option on that pump.

Yes, the switch is internal. I will be out of town and away from the boat for a while so I can't check, but it's the common Shurflow potable water pumpt that sells for $100 or a little more.

rwidman- I hear what you're saying, and it would be ideal to have only tubing with no transitions/fittings/90 degree turns, etc., but it just wouldn't work with the cold water take-off, the thermo valve take-off, the one-way valve, the drain valve, the expansion tank and the water heater supply all in such a tight space. I tried laying it out with reinforced vinyl and/or PEX only, but just couldn't make it all fit. That PEX is not very flexible -- it takes a lot to get it into the 90 degree supports. It's almost as stiff as the grey polybutylene plumbing it is replacing. At times, compromises are needed, so I did the best I could. If it fails, I'll try the next best thing.

Thanks,
dvd

You don't have to justify anything to me, we all do the best we can. I'm just relaying my knowledge and experience. I've had some experience with PVC and CPVC.

I wish you the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom