Engine connections to water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flboy

Veteran Member
I purchased a new water heater for the boat and the existing heater has 1 inch connections to the motor. The new water heater only has half inch male npt fittings. I figured I'd be able to get some kind of fitting to make it work. I looked for a female npt to one inch hose connection or a 1 inch to half inch brass hose reducer. I've had no luck finding either anywhere online.

Has anyone faced the same situation or maybe someone has an idea of how to make it work? I'd like to be able to heat water off the engine as well as on A/C power like I currently do so I'm hoping someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance

I purchased a new water heater for the boat and the existing heater has 1 inch connections to the motor. The new water heater only has half inch male npt fittings. I figured I'd be able to get some kind of fitting to make it work. I looked for a female npt to one inch hose connection or a 1 inch to half inch brass hose reducer. I've had no luck finding either anywhere online.

Has anyone faced the same situation or maybe someone has an idea of how to make it work? I'd like to be able to heat water off the engine as well as on A/C power like I currently do so I'm hoping someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance
New-line.com, my goto store for hose and fittings.
Younwill find some barb/npt adapter, for example a 1"barb-3/4NPT and using a bushing ,3/4 to 1/2 you will get what you need.

https://www.new-line.com/fittings/b...ose-barbs-stems-inserts-splicers-menders-tees

L

Back
Top Bottom