Ecoloblue water maker - water from air (humidity)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
A new game in town. The linked video talks about a unit that I'm in love with but for my boat is too big. I will be checking for other sizes. But if you don't like dealing with traditional water makers and have the power to run one of these babies and aren't using large volumes of water to run your washing machine and jacuzzi, this puppy might just fill the bill for a water source. This unit would be perfect for the Pacific Northwest and coastal BC waters (and Alaska).

I know this technology has been discussed here in TF, I linked info about it roughly a year or more ago.

I am assuming this model is made by another company, not sure. This model would fit on my 28 foot boat: [Canadian dollars]

https://www.amazon.ca/NUBE-Water-Ai...ocphy=9001446&hvtargid=pla-833498714125&psc=1

Seems like a scam. A dehumidifier takes water from air. What would this do that’s different and/or better?

I suspect the answer is that these are more optimized for quantity of water. Your average dehumidifier up here (coastal BC) won't take out 8 gallons in a day, however it might take out one or two.

8 gallons is only 30 liters/day, the size of the smallest compressor dehumidifiers. Assuming it is running 24 hours and has a fresh supply of nice humid PNW air. I don't think that is as energy efficient as a reverse osmosis unit, but if energy is free it should be far less maintenance intensive.

The best thing would be a combo dehumidifier/water maker. Makes me wonder what the water tastes like coming out of my dehumidifier.

If has been developed and used in the drought areas of Africa....
The key is, you must have electrical power.
The key question to me is, efficiency? The volume of fuel needed to produce those 8 gallons.
I am reasonable sure this does have a 'place' in the world but....

Side note: You could collect the condensate from the A/C and filter it too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom