Dometic ecd16k compressor not coming on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
Greetings all. I circulated the recommended mixture of Barnacle Buster through my front Dometic AC and then the rear Mermaid unit as a maintenance item earlier today for a couple of hours each. After the flush my 2 yo Dometic unit compressor is not coming on. The troubleshooting guide has no valid suggestions and of course we have several guests coming in the morning to ride with us for the Biloxi Blessing of the Fleet. Help.....

Gaston, there is? I’ll check. I have one on my Mermaid. The Dometic requires removing a panel. Gonna do it right now-

I’m out of time tonight to access the unit. Will look into in the am. I did reaching with my iPhone and take several pictures as well as reviewed the schematic again and there is no RESET shown.

I agree, just can’t locate it:). I have the install copy that came with the unit and I’m finding nothing. We are pulling out at 9:30, I’ll pull the access panel and check it before I hope. IMG_4381.jpgIMG_4503.jpg

Ok the reset may be done from the control panel buy holding down one or 2 switches at the same time. The Compressor has gone into safe mode shut down when the water/ water pump was turned off.

Have a great day

OK, I have an update. I called in a local Dometic dealer to troubleshoot the AC. It was out of Freon. Interesting enough, the compressor was still coming on, apparently it had a enough oil not to seize it up and this unit does now have a low pressure switch. Apparently the Freon leaked out inside the cooling coil and went overboard with the pump water. And apparently the cause was my extended (~3 hour) Barnacle Buster circulating flush. I ASSume this are away a soldered joint. New Dometic installed. Life is good.
IMG_0777.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom