Davit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j11av

Vessel Make
'83 CHB 34
Anyone familiar with this set of davits? Trying to fit davits on a Livinston 7.5 and was wondering if I can find something to use with this system. Looks like a well outdated model. Thanks for any info! Screenshot_20201228-153041_Gallery.jpg

I am not sure of what brand that is. However, it may be cheaper and easier to switch out to a new Weaver Davit, or if money is not as big an issue, a Seawise system.
Finding parts for a very old (maybe not even in production any more) system may be more expensive and more work in the long run??

They look like Ceredi, made in Italy, current model,not outdated. We bought an unused secondhand dinghy with Ceredi female part already glued on, so bought a Ceredi davit kit to suit. I just had the davits fitted by the Yard, they work great. Weaver and Ceredi davits are not interchangeable, though we used Weaver ss hold offs.

Sorry I don;t know the mfgr. but they were very, very common with hard shell dinghies where I live . I still see them.
They seem to have dropped out of favour with the inflatables, even the hard bottom inflatables.
I think they were good units, just that the mfgr. did not adapt so lost much of their market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom