Counter locker support hardware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Our EB47 has some hinged/locking support arms under the lids for the dry storage and chest freezer compartments. The downside to these is they hinge downward quite a bit into area below. This leads to anything in the way being poked/crushed/damaged.

I'm wondering what other kinds of support hardware might be more suitable. There's decent room under the hatches and along the perimeter to handle other mounting options. I don't need to re-use the existing holes.

But I do need them to have a lock-out. The lids have granite on them and the weight of them makes them real finger-snappers if they close suddenly.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• galley hatch supports.jpg
    galley hatch supports.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 17
There are some spring supports that will hold like your but will still stick down when the hatch is closed but they are much more flexible so they may not damage as much.

Gas lifts like for a hatchback on a car? Come in different lengths and amount of weight they will hold.

I would suggest the gas lifts too. They are not cheap, come in many capacities and lengths. Try using a fish weighing spring scale to get a rough idea of how much weight they will have to support.

Back
Top Bottom