Compressor on Hurricane II furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
The other day my diesel furnace failed to light. It gives me a fault light indicating that it is the compressor. Anyone experienced this before?

These furnaces use a compressor to drive an air nozzle by the fuel opening. As well as I can understand it (which is typically not very well) this compressor creates a negative pressure that draws the fuel from the fuel regulator. If the compressor isn't functioning adequately, fuel doesn't exit the fuel nozzle and the burner won't light.

My thought was to see if I can take apart the compressor and see if anything looks amiss.

Can't hurt. Check for air in the fuel line (there is a bleed screw) and ensure the nozzle is clean. You can also call Marcello for advice, he is very knowledgeable and friendly and seems to have endless patience. If you've seen a Hurricane demo at a boat show, that's usually Marcello.
ITR 1 800 755 1272

Can't hurt. Check for air in the fuel line (there is a bleed screw) and ensure the nozzle is clean. You can also call Marcello for advice, he is very knowledgeable and friendly and seems to have endless patience. If you've seen a Hurricane demo at a boat show, that's usually Marcello.
ITR 1 800 755 1272

Thanks. I may give them a call tomorrow.

I would imagine that if it was a fuel issue, I would get a different indicator such as Fuel Pump, Ignitor, or Flame Out. Instead I just get the Compressor.

My model of the Hurricane is not that new, the indicator panel is not able to say what the fault is.

Replaced the compressor on mine a few months back. The original one finally gave up after 10 plus years. Took about 2 hrs but like a new unit.

Thanks Crusty. I don't suppose you know what the cost was for the new compressor?

Back
Top Bottom