City Water Inlet Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I replaced a leaky city water connector a few years ago. The old one was pretty crusty inside by the strainer and was definitely restricting the water flow. After installing the new one I noticed much more water flow as it had a clean strainer. That night when it was quiet I heard water squirting in the galley. All the hose connections needed to be cinched up due to the higher pressure. After doing that I went back to bed, and later that night the cold water inlet to the water heater blew off washing down the port engine.
I make it a point to shut off the dock water when leaving the boat for more than a few hours. I also installed a quick close ball valve where the hose connects to the boat for emergency shut off in the middle of the night, so as not to have to run out on the dock in my birthday suit. LOL

“ I also installed a quick close ball valve where the hose connects to the boat for emergency shut off in the middle of the night, so as not to have to run out on the dock in my birthday suit. “

We’re all grateful.

Rusty. A crusty strainer will affect water flow but not pressure. Sounds to me like the new inlet connector had a much higher pressure regulator than the old one. Do you know what the new one is rated at? Did you perhaps replace a regulator with just a straight water inlet?

Personally I don’t like to use them. I don’t like the risk of flooding the boat,.

I'm not understanding. How do you not use an attachment for city water on your boat? The risk of flooding is why we never leave the boat unattended with the city water on. It's an automatic to turn the tap off when we leave the boat.

Back
Top Bottom