Choosing Overboard Discharge Pump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osprey69

Vessel Name
Rogue
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 49 MY
Installing a non-macerating pump to pump out tank independently when 3+ miles from shore. When Googling the Whale Gulper Toilet Pump pops as well as an "Albin". Never heard of Albin, but its install would be much easier as its dimensions are narrower.

Any pump brands to look for and/or stay away from? I do not want to do this twice.

Thanks in advance.

Sealand t series. Great pump, perfect for that.

The Sealand pump is good, and relatively affordable at about $300. But they don’t last forever, and I have experienced one that despite replacing all the rubber parts still wouldn’t draw water. But total replacement wasn’t a big deal at $300.

If you want a super good pump, the Headhunter Tortuga is a beast, but is large and powered by a good size AC motor, so only suitable if you have full time inverter service. And probably 5x the cost.

If you want a super good pump, the Headhunter Tortuga is a beast, but is large and powered by a good size AC motor, so only suitable if you have full time inverter service. And probably 5x the cost.

Or Generator

I don't know the Headhunter Tortuga at all, but I see a list price of $3,675.69 at https://www.headhunterinc.com/product/tortuga/ for a pump that does 10gpm.

About ten years ago I installed a McMaster 9333T11 on Fintry -- for $575 it includes a float switch and basin -- just the pump would be cheaper. It's been running fine, pumping sewage up from a sump to the holding tank at 65gpm. I'm sure you can find something a whole lot cheaper than the Headhunter.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom