Capilano 275v hydraulic pump disassembly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarantelle

Vessel Name
Tarantelle
Vessel Make
1983 Ocean Alexander 40 Europa
I removed my capilano helm pump to install new seals. I’ve looked at all the info on the forum and YouTube that I can find, but I’m having a problem figuring out how to remove the shaft from the main housing unit. I removed the cover and have removed the pumps/springs. I thought the shaft/cylinder assembly would just lift out, but it doesn’t budge. It freely rotates, but I don’t see any way to get the darn thing out. Does anyone have any experience with one of these suckers?

Thanks!

This is an excellent disassemble and repair series on the 250v , I think it was saved to TF files if it helps.

Attachments

• 99F77DFD-EC31-4DCE-82DE-06FC3DE8C625.jpg
    99F77DFD-EC31-4DCE-82DE-06FC3DE8C625.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 32
Thanks. I saw that one, but the 250v seems to be different from the 275v. That assembly on the 250v seems to lift out with relative ease. The 275v assembly doesn’t appear to come out so easily.

Thanks. I saw that one, but the 250v seems to be different from the 275v. That assembly on the 250v seems to lift out with relative ease. The 275v assembly doesn’t appear to come out so easily.

It didn't come out so easily, it was pretty difficult to get it removed the first time. Be patient and pull hard but try not to pry too much on the front cover since it's plastic. I believe the 275 is very similar, but of course I have not handled one so I am not 100% sure. Whatever you find, be sure to post up the solution!

Do you have a parts breakdown dwg.? You might be able to see from that how the shaft separates.

If you do have that dwg. make a PDF and post it. Maybe some one here can help.

Something else I found was that there is more documentation available than what they publish on the website. You might try calling them and talking to the tech department. They should have a guide for installing seals that they can email you. They had several documents that helped me that aren't otherwise published.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom