Calling Peggie - Trawler head refit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgillroy

Vessel Name
Maka Honu
Vessel Make
Ta Yang, 42 Tayana PH Trawler 1976
Have purchased Peggy's new book and it's on the way. Thanks Peggy! Am refitting head system on trawler that currently has vintage lectrosan system. Plan full time live aboard. The loop mostly maybe 65% saltwater and 35% fresh. Cost not object (excluding composting) what system would you consider to be optimum, in your judgment?:ermm:

I need a the answers to a lot more questions before I'm ready to recommend anything...so send me a PM? However, I can tell you that no matter which toilet turns out to be the best choice for YOUR boat and the people who'll be using it, if the boat is on Lanier, it's a NDZ, so you'll need a holding tank too. So we're really talking about a complete new system, not just a new toilet.

Peggy, retiring, selling dirt home (and our Lanier run-a-bout) living full time on the loop, 1/3 on hook, 1/3 ball and a 1/3 dock marinas, US and Canada. Winter in Marathon.... that's the plan for next 2-3 yrs.

Boat is DF44 two heads. Existing waste tanks okay but will inspect and may replace.

Back
Top Bottom