A/C Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justified

40' Marine Trader. Single A/C. What is recommended gpm A/C pump. Just installed 8.5 gpm pump that seems to be under sized

I believe the pump is sized based upon the BTU spec of the installed AC and the AC suppliers provide data. If you can provide details on the installed AC I am sure someone on the forum can help.

Welcome to TF. I've taken the liberty of moving your thread to somewhere it will be seen more in the hope more advice will follow. These kind of threads drop out of the Welcome Mat area so quickly often the questions asked go unanswered. You're welcome. :flowers:

Welcome aboard. Pump capacity is based on the size of the A/C unit(s). A good resource is Depco Pumps. They can tell you exactly what size pump you need.

Also depends on lift - how high the pump must pump. Related, length of hose, though that is subjective. I have been using Iwaki brand pumps for last couple years which are relatively economical off ebay. There are a zillion different model specs so a bit of a challenge to find the right one.

Good luck. Wish I had a specific recommendation for you.

Peter

Rule of thumb is pump should be rated for 2 times the unit requirement to make up for friction loss caused by the piping

Don
Welcome aboard TF.
What is the AC make/model and do you have the installation manual. That should provide info on water flow reqd. I see you are in the S so warm water would require a higher flow to get adequate cooling.
Don

I have two "March Pump's, 230 volt AC-5C-MD water pumps that provide 1,000 gallons per hour circulation each for three marine air conditioning systems. They are connected via a distribution manifold, One pump provides water to two 16k BTU units with minimal head loss due to proximity, the second supplies to forward berth with roughly 30' of tubing to a 12k unit. The Mainship 430 Pilot came stock with one pump for all three and they were 12k units, the system is very reliable know is this configuration. either pump can supply one, two or three units with two separate suction strainers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom