Best garden hose end replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just had another Zero G hose blowout. Pain in the neck. 20191009_215426.jpg

What am I missing? As cheap as the plastic ends are take a $10.00 bill and buy five of these and when one craps out replace it.

Works for me.
Nearest hardware store is a couple of hours away by boat and car rental or uber, so easily $100.
Pays to have parts parts and then some more parts.

Coincidentally, after my own and all the other high praise on here about Zero G hoses, I had the first one blow out on me last night. Only about a month old, laying across the driveway, evening, not in the hot sun or anything. Kapow, big geyser, spontaneously split about a foot long starting at the end fitting. Blew the inner tube and the seam on the nylon covering. The hunt for the perfect hose continues.

(Yes, five year warrantee but who has time in life to goof around chasing a replacement garden hose.)

My first Zero G blew the fitting off the first time I tried to use it. Got a replacement at no cost. No problems with the replacement or the other two that I've purchased for home use.

zero G fix

I saw a post about using heat shrink tubing to fix a zero G and thought I would give it a try. First, I've fixed zeroG with standard 1/2 hose fittings. You can get the rubber hose part over the 5/8 - 3/4 hose fittings but I can't get the cover over that size so I have to use the 1/2 size. I ran the rubber part over the 1/2 hose fitting that had standard anchor heat shrink tubing on it. Heated the heat shrink tubing down a tight as I could get it and let it cool. Sure looked nice but didn't provide any clamping power to speak of. The rubber hose pulled right off. Also, I worked to get the cover over the heat shrink tubing and after a little while gave up. I just could not get the cover over it. The fit between cover and rubber tubing is tight. I gave up and just put the fitting on. It was worth a try and great idea that just didn't work out Check out the pictures

The Brockerts

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 46
I too had a self-coiling hose (as seen on TV). I left it pressurized over night and developed a significant leak. I tossed it and bought the regular plastic hose. I still have a brand new, never used self-coiling hose, 'just in case.'

Brockerets, yea yea, you are bragging about your on-board vise. I am considering building a removable piping system over the main engine and then a bench on top to mount a vise LOL
Necessity maybe the mother of invention, but I think Murphy is the father of screwing up and bad ideals, most of which can be mighty expensive.
(still designing it in my feeble mind, next step, building it out of pipe and if that works out, take the frame up to my 'stainless man' for the big bucks construction.)

Last edited:
Every now and then I am fast, but usually slow... Nice to hear someone else had a good experience with the zero-G hose.

Hoses are my nemesis. I fight them all the time, they always win. I bought two Zero-G's 2 years ago, and that fight ended. I absolutely love them, even though they are slightly smaller inside diameter wise than a standard hose. I will never change again, the battle is over.

Seems like some love and some hate the Zero G hose. I guess there is no real conclusion.

If they would only stop blowing out, I'd still like the ZeroG best. I did just throw away an otherwise good condition Stanley FatMax "exojacket" hose because the darn thing kinked so much and so badly it wasn't worth keeping even as a spare. Irritated the daylights out of me.51a%2B2GyDLfL._AC_SY400_.jpeg

Seems like some love and some hate the Zero G hose. I guess there is no real conclusion.

Put me in the love ‘em category. We’ve been using two pretty regularly for almost three years. No problems so far, and they are so much easier to stow in a locker than plastic hoses.

BTW, if one does burst, I know how to fix it like brand new with no tools other than a car: take the sucker back to Lowe’s.

So are these things dying because they're being used in situations involving constant pressure? Or intermittent use?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom