ASD Water Maker Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ken,
I had zero psi, on the low pressure boost pump. I called Rich and he told me to slowly turn the needle valve closed until the boost pump pressure is at 10psi. He told me to use the needle valve as a coarse adjustment and the pressure valve on the control panel as a fine adjustment.

Yes, during shut down of the system you get the pressures down. Then at start up you use the low pressure (coarse) adjustment to get 10 psi.

I completely close the valve and it may still read zero. It may go up a little while running it but it doesn't easily go to the recommended 10 psi.

I think the lower than recommended pressure might be the reason that my 1st pre-filter will sometimes only be half full while running.

I think my risk is that the high pressure pump will starve for water and burn up but haven't seen the water level in the pre-filter get low enough that I'm concerned about that.....yet.

Thanks
Ken

How long is your raw water feed line to the boost pump?

How long is your raw water feed line to the boost pump?

It's about 4' but it shares a thru hull with the salt water wash down pump. The fitting was upgraded and replaced this winter. We'll see if it made any difference.

It's about 4' but it shares a thru hull with the salt water wash down pump. The fitting was upgraded and replaced this winter. We'll see if it made any difference.

I have the same, (raw water with a strainer basket) but about 12' run to the boost pump. Rich told me that we need to make sure the strainer stays clean or it would affect the boost pump performance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom