Any success replacing Jabsco ports?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonScatt

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Jackie Season
Vessel Make
Beneteau 50' Swift Trawler
Hi all - has anyone had any success replacing the inlet /outlet ports on a Jabsco 36600-0010 bilge pump? I was trying to get to the fresh water screens and barely touched it, I swear!

Attachments

• 371A86E7-6466-40DC-94B3-22F5FFB7CDFA.jpg
    371A86E7-6466-40DC-94B3-22F5FFB7CDFA.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 32
Yes, I replace both a few years back with ports available at our local marine store....:thumb:

Last edited:
Replacing Jabsco bilge pump pirta

Thank you, Sir. Mine is broken off right at the base - any tips or tricks for getting it out? I thought if I got it home to my workbench I could cut a couple of slots for a big screw driver, assuming it screws in and out.

Yes, I replace both a few years back with ports available at our local marine store....:thumb:

:thumb:Yes they just screw in, mine that broke came out real easy by just putting a screwdriver into it and turning.......

Half the battle is just getting to it. We are prepping to pull our starboard engine tomorrow. The PO had PVC pipe running to the holding tank. But when they installed the pipe they covered the screws holding the engine harness to the stringer. No way to get a screwdriver onto the screws. After fighting for an hour trying to get the screws out of the tie down clamps on the harness I gave up and cut the tie down clamps. When they put the PVC pipe in it would have been really nice if they had moved the clamps so that they would be accessible. Good luck with your pump fittings.

Those fittings are standard NPT threads. I replace them with brass fittings when they give trouble with the appropriate hose end.
The outlet fitting , which it appears is the broken one, is also the check valve. I don't bother anymore. I simply purchased a brass inline check valve , 1/2" NPT and adapted using standard garden hose fittings, GOOD ONES. Now I can quickly and easily swap in my spare pump.

I’m going to disagree with C lectric, but I may be wrong. I often am.

I don’t think they are NPT thread. I think they are straight thread. The body of the pump is very brittle. I think the material is Bakelite.

It would be very easy to crack the housing with a tapered thread. You’ll be able to see if they are tapered threads when you remove the old ones. The Jabsco part number you need is 30003-0000.

What ever you do be very careful threading anything into the body of that pump. I’ve seen a lot of them cracked.

You may very well be correct. It has been long enough ago that I don't remember properly. NPS threads, not NPT. Still should be able to get fitting to fit.

Back
Top Bottom