Any clever ideas on how to add a bidet to this toilet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,

Mr. PH "Bottom line..." Aha!

200.webp

Installed Bidet last December

Installed on to Raritan Marine Elegance Sea-Fresh

67F451E8-5557-4D14-808B-EB4FE2689720.jpg

09904EEB-E7DB-4DBC-B9A3-12A4E9BC7B59.jpg

2FC1BA6B-F178-4F61-B50A-5BADD9B2474D.jpg

45335DF3-403B-4A1A-9EEC-7159960855B9.jpg

Needed left hand valve due to limited space between commode and wall.

94164761-0E43-4734-A19B-B872E7064AE1.jpg

Depending on the style you want, very easy to do. If you get a basic one (non-electric) you just plumb into the lines around the toilet/sink. If you want an electric one, obviously you will need a power source nearby or add one. if you're going to go through the trouble of adding one, go electric. The heated seat is REALLY nice on cold nights/mornings... ;)

Depending on the style you want, very easy to do. If you get a basic one (non-electric) you just plumb into the lines around the toilet/sink. If you want an electric one, obviously you will need a power source nearby or add one. if you're going to go through the trouble of adding one, go electric. The heated seat is REALLY nice on cold nights/mornings... ;)

Geeze. I hope my Admiral doesn’t see this. She’ll take my bow-thruster fund and spend it on a heated toilet seat.:ermm:

Greetings,
Mr. S. "The heated seat..." HAH! On a trip to Shanghai, one of the hotels we stayed at had a heated toilet seat. WELL!!! How disconcerting the first few times I sat down to "think". A warm toilet seat usually means recent occupation and since it was just my spouse and I....Hmmmm.

In old England, the aristocracy used live swans "I say Jeeves, pass me another swan would you'.

Man, no wonder those things are so f*cking hostile. Word of that must've gotten around during all those migrations.

The heated seat is REALLY nice on cold nights/mornings... ;)

Heh, during delivery I went below to use the head and discovered that the dorades were open and the air dumped straight into the head. This being a 38F morning. Nothing makes the quads work quite like having to suddenly levitate off a freezing cold seat...

Bum gun as Mako showed above.
Been the weapon of choice for us for a decade or more.
About $6 on ebay

Heh, during delivery I went below to use the head and discovered that the dorades were open and the air dumped straight into the head. This being a 38F morning. Nothing makes the quads work quite like having to suddenly levitate off a freezing cold seat...

Sure would discourage a person to be first in line... and it will discourage a person to rest on the toilet seat.... maybe just a squat .... building the stomach and leg muscles. LOL

"Use a book. That was a common use for the pages before TP. Newsprint is better than glossy paper."

Sears used to send out great thick catalogs every quarter. Hard to find today!

Swans, Bah! Typical British foppery! A bunch of dried leaves worked just as well for my working-class family of origin . . . at least while camping . . . until my uncle reached back and grabbed some poison ivy.

(God, I’m bored!)

Attachments

• 878E9902-E508-431E-947A-91C99A587A78.jpeg
    878E9902-E508-431E-947A-91C99A587A78.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 277
I apologize in advance :
Simple and cheap.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bidet.jpg
    bidet.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 342
Greetings,
Mr. 99. VERY nicely done sir!

giphy.webp

High praise from the master, RT. Thanks.

The story about my uncle is true; the photo was not my uncle. (just a distant cousin.)

The shown nozzle butt gun would work even better if the hose were left on deck for some solar heating.

I have an Asian family, so this was my first modification.
Simple, inexpensive $12, plumbed to cold water and what every Vietnamese uses.Image.jpeg

I just put a longer hose on our sink sprayer in one head and the shower sprayer in the other. Both reach comfortable and use warm water too - or whatever temp you like anyway.

Usually I air dry lol. But there is a second butt towel to use too.

Check out the TOTO line of "washlets". I have the C200 it is around $400 from Amazon.

I have one of those too, first encountered them in Taiwan, every hotel has them. The first time my wife visited me there she said, "I can't believe you didn't tell me about these". When we renovated our house she got one. They need 120 VAC, and they are heated.

Bad news is it won't fit on this style toilet, it needs a flush (no pun intended) surface to attach to, this one is stepped.

If all else fails, have your significant other take the helm and hang your butt off the swim platform while under way. This should work for most situations at trawler speeds, if not, you may have to speed it up a little so don't try this in a no wake zone. A word of caution: be sure to wear a pfd.

Under 30 bucks from amazon, non-electric, you may need to use an adapter for your fresh water line, it comes with a T Adapter and hoses. Where it attaches to your toilet, it has several adjustments to fit about any size toilet. I was very suspect due to the cost but I installed this on one of my toilets at home and it soon became the bathroom of choice. Cuts your toilet paper usage to almost nothing, just a bit to dry up the porthole and you are done.

Attachments

• 7188gW1eyoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    7188gW1eyoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 30
Bidet on a trawler

I use my shower hose with a diverter on the sink faucet. I do have a Toto at home but it does require a 110 v outlet for the water warmer and sprayer to push out under my bottom.
I have found it to really a very good way to take care of My “bottom job” and it saves allot of trees!

Just use the 3 S principle :
Sheet
Shower
Shave
Problem solved.
:)

Lived that way all my life! Otherwise, TP is for blowing nose... unless away from home, boat or hotel room shower access!!

:dance:

Back
Top Bottom