Air-conditioner hull strainer outside only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My ex boat neighbor has developed this strainer. I have seen it work and its amazing, and I can say I have seen it work 1st hand. He says he will give me one to try out.

His theory behind this is that the strainer we all use has holes that are to small and as a result clog easily. That then causes water flow to slow down and that causes barnacles to grow and compounding the problem.etc etc.
This system keeps the water flow going and he does not clean the strainer regularly and I think he has gone months without cleaning it.

https://seasyclean.com/

Does it have an internal pump? They didn't say how it aerates the water, since if the box is sealed, the water would soon deplete the air in the box and leave no air in the box. I guess you wouldn't want to give everything away in the video...

Ted - do you have the source for your exterior strainer? We really want to install one. We boat mostly in fresh to brackish water where sea grass and hydrilla are a real problem, particularly in late summer/early fall. Our engine and AC seem to deal with it fine, as they are close to the keel, but our genny clogs all the time.

Ted - do you have the source for your exterior strainer? We really want to install one. We boat mostly in fresh to brackish water where sea grass and hydrilla are a real problem, particularly in late summer/early fall. Our engine and AC seem to deal with it fine, as they are close to the keel, but our genny clogs all the time.

Ted’s strainer was made by Buck Algonquin. If you google Buck Algonquin Strainer you’ll find lots of sources.

It’s an excellent strainer but I prefer the Groco version. The Groco can be opened to clean inside without removing the strainer.

My old company sells them. Groco Perforated Hull Strainers (APHS series)

stubones99
No pump, your regular ac pump connects to it and gravity does the rest. Its set up to be mounted above the waterline. The water free flows and aerates as it falls into the reservoir at the bottom and the system stays full of water and almost zero growth.

Here is a link to this strainer. There are 4 sizes. Google search Buck Algonquin + the part number for the size you want. No down side to one size bigger than the recommended through hull size. If you have a local yard that you patronize, Paxton distributes to yards in your area and carries the 2 middle sizes.

https://catalog.hydrasearchrecreati...rectangular-scoop-strainers-slide-out-screens

Ted

Back
Top Bottom