Toilet Tissue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm bad............:facepalm:

Attachments

• TPHolder.jpeg
    TPHolder.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 56
TMI! There are somethings you're just better off not knowing about people you interact with. Paper work is one of those things. I need another beer to forget about this thread. Ted

I'm afraid another beer wouldn't do it for me...after reading the latest contributions to both of the TP threads, I need to take a break from y'all.

Peggie
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Boat-Odors/dp/1892399784/
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

You guys are starting to sound like the sailors over on Cruiser Forum. Flush the damn paper. If you get clogs buy a better toilet.

Better still, get a Raritan Marine Excellence toilet with a bidet. It'll flush paper and wash your butt.

Next you'll be installing those human litter boxes that sailors call "composting toilets".

Am I getting cranky in my old age?

You guys are starting to sound like the sailors over on Cruiser Forum. Flush the damn paper. If you get clogs buy a better toilet.

Better still, get a Raritan Marine Excellence toilet with a bidet. It'll flush paper and wash your butt.

Next you'll be installing those human litter boxes that sailors call "composting toilets".

Am I getting cranky in my old age?

Wifey B: Oh, didn't know you were old...:lol:

Now, we don't get all hung up on toilet paper at home or on the boat.

However, toilet's with bidet's or separate units, I like a bidet. Much more common in countries other than the US. Also washlet's are becoming popular starting in Japan. They take care of the thing traditional bidet's can't and that is drying. Guy's think of bidet's sometimes as being only for females and associate them with the other use females have for them.

One question for all ye naysayers. If you got excrement (notice how nicely I put that) on any other part of your body, would you simply wipe with a thin piece of tissue paper?

There are many many health advantages to bidet's but I won't go into all of them here. :)

Back to TP a moment, then the Rapid Dissolving Scott is great and used after a bidet then people are far less bothered by not having a 50 ply super soft plush blanket equivalent TP. As to flushing on a boat, we've had no problems. I would be those of you who do have issues are the ones trying to conserve water and preaching that all the time rather than a flush with plenty of water and encouraging double flushes.

Wifey B, I've decided I'm not old, I'm Mid Century Modern.

Wifey B, I've decided I'm not old, I'm Mid Century Modern.

Wifey B: I don't even have any idea about all those descriptive house terms and types and furniture genre's. What the heck is mid century modern anyway? :ermm: Was it modern mid century? What century? :confused: Mid century is 66 years ago. So now it can be mid century modern and an antique at the same time? :banghead:

I'm forever young. Intend to remain so. :dance:

Wifey B, just keep wearing those high heel Topsiders and you'll be young forever.

Parks, do you have any idea where one may obtain one of those wonderful Raritan Marine Elegance toilets?

WifeyB, here's some fashionable foot wear for you.

Attachments

• high_heel_fins2.jpg
    high_heel_fins2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 56
Don, of course I know where to buy one of those wonderful Raritan MarineElegance toilets.
I bet I could arrange free delivery to the February TF gathering as well.

Parks, do you have any idea where one may obtain one of those wonderful Raritan Marine Elegance toilets?

WifeyB, here's some fashionable foot wear for you.

Wifey B: The heel part works fine for me, but the sandal part is just strange. Looks like a swim fin. :lol: Might be. :)

I'm not big on sandals so I'll pass, but thanks for keeping me in mind. :D

You'all CRACK me up!
Wait they have bidet option? Is it an. Add on?

Toolbuddy, i sold one with a bidet once but never got a look at it. Raritan drop shipped it to my customer from their NJ factory.

Wait a minute, "Crack me up" is that a toilet joke?

DANG IT! I installed the Elegant Throne last year. Had no idea I got the budget model with MANUAL cleaner. Automatic Liquid cleaner would be so much more fun. WifeyB? nevermind I am afraid, no very afraid to inquire. Forget it.
Parks I have no recollection that Raritan had any mention of the bidet option on the website when I was shopping. Is that new or did I miss It?
Crack me up? NOW IT IS A JOKE. You sir are a jokster.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Toolbuddy, Raritan has a terrible website. I think they would sell a lot more with the bidet option if more people knew about it. If you go to their website and look at the options for the Elagence toilet, you'll find it listed under Bowl Size.
The Marine Elegance marine toilet is the ideal choice for most recreational boats on the market today.

Wifey B: Until we had a bidet, we thought it was something frivolous that only the French cared about. Once you get use to them, they become a don't do without option. :)

Ok, if this thread is still about poo paper I will share my experience & choice. Ten years or so ago after we purchased the boat Wifey insisted on a new toilet to replace a raw water flush unit in our bedroom toilet/shower area. So I went with the then highly recommended Raritan Crown fresh water flush. About 4 years ago I changed the toilet in our other toilet/shower area from raw to fresh. This time I purchased the fresh water Raritan Elegance. I wish both were Elegances.

For paper we use 2 ply Charmin EXTRA STRONG paper and never, ever had a problem. I cannot comprehend how anybody would elect to use single ply anything especially the junk recommend for boats. That stuff is terrible and expensive to boot. I will not go further with my feelings because I wouldn't be able to post.

Foggy

Last edited:
.................. I cannot comprehend how anybody would elect to use single ply anything especially the junk recommend for boats. That stuff is terrible and expensive to boot. ..............

We use single ply paper because it dissolves and does not block our toilets or holding tank outlets. We don't buy it at West Marine, we buy it at walmart or the grocery store and it is not at all expensive. It's the least expensive paper available.

WesK, I gather you've never used the 'head' at the Bulgarian customs on the way in to Turkey. When I 'passed' there in 1976, there was no TP in the squat toilet stall, but there was a bucket with torn pieces of newspaper...used newspaper.

We use single ply paper because it dissolves and does not block our toilets or holding tank outlets. We don't buy it at West Marine, we buy it at walmart or the grocery store and it is not at all expensive. It's the least expensive paper available.

Sure does.........also dissolves in your hand, it may be the least expensive but quality comes at a higher price. Enjoy :eek:

We have never, ever had a bad experience with our Raritans chewing up Charmin 2 ply Ultra Strong.

Sure does.........also dissolves in your hand,.....

You are supposed to dry your hands before using it. :rolleyes:

Question - Do you carry your own toilet paper to public restrooms or do you use what they supply?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom