Tips for Choosing a Liveaboard Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a very good list. I would add one more important criteria: does the marina really want liveaboards, or do they just tolerate them?

This can be important because I have seen subtle discrimination in a situation where the marina barely tolerates liveaboards.

That is unfortunate because in the vast majority of cases liveaboards are an asset to the marina: a look out for intruders, watch for vessels taking on water or dock lines chafing, help with emergencies, etc.

David

That was a very good list. I would add one more important criteria: does the marina really want liveaboards, or do they just tolerate them?

This can be important because I have seen subtle discrimination in a situation where the marina barely tolerates liveaboards.

That is unfortunate because in the vast majority of cases liveaboards are an asset to the marina: a look out for intruders, watch for vessels taking on water or dock lines chafing, help with emergencies, etc.

David

Agreed. Liveaboards, L.A., can be a real asset as David lists. That's been our experience.
Where the L.A. were booted out the theft rate increased markedly shortly after.
As for the holding tanks the people in our current marina are responsible. They are well aware that any nonesense could get them evicted.

Biggest headache, other than a bit of vandalism since not all of it can be stopped, is the odd bear deciding it likes the docks. Darn things can swim.

Back
Top Bottom